Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Whisked Away Wednesday: Mini Pecan muffins


This week for whisked away wednesday I had a hankering to make muffins. There are SO many different recipes for muffins, it can be overwhelming at times! I finally settled on this recipe from Sister's Cafe because I had all the ingredients on hand and I haven't seen many nut-muffin recipes so I thought I would try something a little different. The recipe couldn't be simpler! I forgot to flour the muffin tins but I did butter them and the muffins popped out without a problem. The only thing I added to the recipe was that after I pulled the muffins out of the oven I dipped them in melted butter and then into a mixture of raw sugar and cinnamon. It gave them a little more crunch and looked really pretty. They came out a beautiful brown with cute sparkly little tops.


Mini Pecan Muffins

Recipe from Sister's Cafe

1 c. packed brown sugar

¾ - 1 c. flour

1 c. chopped pecans

2/3 c. butter (no substitute) – melted and cooled

2 eggs, beaten

Stir dry ingredients together.

In a small bowl combine eggs and butter.

Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredents just until moistened.

Grease mini muffin tins. Fill about 2/3 full (not more or they will overflow while cooking!)


Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, dip muffin tops in melted butter then in a mix of raw sugar and cinnamon.

Makes 2.5-3 dozen


*Little muffin making tip: When I take muffins out of the oven I always run a knife around the edge and then flip the muffins up onto their sides. This stops them from getting too brown on the sides and bottom as they cool.


Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment