Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sweet Cherry Pie Bread


Happy Fourth of July Weekend! Can I just say, I LOVE my bread machine! I have been making a different kind of bread pretty much every day and it's so easy! I have been sticking to the more basic recipes since my first loaf didn't turn out so well. When I came across the recipe for Apple Pie Bread in one of my bread machine cook books, I decided it was time for me to go outside the basic bread box and try something new. I didn't have any apple pie filling or apple juice but I did have some low sugar cherry pie filling so I decided to try it out using some substitutions. The bread does not rise much and the loaf is heavier than other breads but the taste is out of this world! I sliced it warm and topped it with Mom's homemade strawberry jam. It was sooo good, a great treat to make ahead and munch while you are working on your Fourth of July barbecue!


Sweet Cherry Pie Bread

Recipe for 1 pound loaf


Ingredients

1 tsp active dry yeast

5 - 6 tbsp sugar

2 1/4 cups bread flour

4 tsp dry milk

1/2 cup cherry pie filling

1/2 tbsp salt

1 tbsp butter

3 oz juice - I didn't have any juice so I mixed two tblsp syrup (from the pie filling) with about 1 tbsp sugar and then added warm water to equal 3 oz.


Add wet ingredients to bread machine pan. Add dry ingredients to pan. Set bread machine on "sweet" setting with light crust. After the first rise cycle open bread machine and check dough. If it is sticking to the sides of the pans and appears too wet, add more flour and sugar until it forms a ball that does not stick to the sides of the pan. Close bread machine, let it do it's job, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment