Thursday, July 8, 2010

Martha's Rosemary Almonds


Today I love... long flowy summer dresses like this one, frozen cookie dough, my bread machine and puppies!

Does it get any cuter???

Now, for something I love everyday..... snacks.... little delicious morsels I can nibble throughout the day. Extra bonus if the snacks are nutritious and not chock full of sugar. These rosemary almonds are full of good for you things and are wonderfully addictive! I clipped the recipe from Martha Stewart Living a few months back and have made them quite a few times since then. The first time I made them I used dried rosemary as I didn't have fresh on hand. However, when I discovered that the italian restaurant down the street has a HUGE rosemary plant out front, I decided to try them with fresh rosemary :) (It's a really big plant, I'm sure they don't mind my borrowing a branch every now and again). Fresh rosemary, if you have it, makes for a more flavorful snack but the dried is pretty darn good too. Enjoy, and happy snacking!

Rosemary Candied Almonds
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living, May 2010

Ingredients

2 tbsp sugar
Coarse salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp honey
2 cups raw almonds
2 tbsp fresh rosemary

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together 4 teaspoons sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside. Heat butter and honey over medium-high heat in a large skillet until bubbling. Remove from heat.

Add almonds and rosemary, toss to coat
Transfer alomd-rosemary mixture to a parchment or foil lined baking sheet (don't scrape excess syrup from skillet, it will make them too gooey). Sprinkle almonds with sugar/salt mixture. Roast almonds until fragrant, 8-9 minutes.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp salt, toss to coat. Let cool completely.

If your not going to eat them soon, they can be stored in a tightly sealed tupperware in the freezer for up to one month. That is a month's worth of yummy munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment