Sunday, November 21, 2010

Makin Cranberry Pancakes

Pancakes, cranberry syrup, well HELLO Thanksgiving morning, How ARE you? Seriously, Thanksgiving day for most people is like a cooking marathon with a very, very satisfying ending. Well, I propose we take a moment to focus on the beginning of the day. You better start it off right, how else will you have the energy needed to get through one of the most epic cooking days of the year? Why not whip up a batch of fluffy pancakes with homemade cranberry syrup to get everyone in the cooking/festive mood? Sounds like a plan to me, AND these pancakes don't use eggs SO you don't have to worry about running out to the store for more when it comes time to make your famous *insert egg based holiday dish here* A few words about the cranberry syrup. It. Is. Awesome. You don't have to chop, puree, crush anything! Just throw the berries in a pan with some sweet sticky stuff, whisk a few times, and VOILA homemade (mostly) syrup! Cranberries deliciously bursting with every bite of sweet fluffy pancake.... Thanksgiving breakfast reclaimed.
Fluffy Eggless Pancakes
from cooks.com contributed by Dawn Linke
Makes 8 medium pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup whole milk (or soy milk)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter

Combine dry ingredients and mix. Add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. Mix until just combined, be careful not to overmix, it should be a bit lumpy (and you don't wanna strain a muscle!). Set aside to rest for a few minutes. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. While pan is heating throw in the two tablespoons of butter. As soon as the butter is nice and melted, add it to the pancake batter. Return pan to the stove and stir in that butter. When pan is hot (a drop of water should sizzle when dropped on pan), ladle on some batter. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip em over and cook until goldeny brown.

Meanwhile....

Cranberry Syrup
from Cooking Light
1 cup cranberries (thawed if frozen)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water

1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice


Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for about eight minutes or until berries begin to pop. Stir occasionally so it doesn't burn/stick to pan. Remove from heat and pour over pancakes.
*Leftovers are awesome stirred into oatmeal or yogurt, OR over ice cream.
Yes. Please.
Bliss....


Linking up at Tatertots and Jello and Under the Table and Dreaming

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Those pancakes look absolutely delicious! Pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast item, so I'll have to add these to my "must-make" list.

    I especially liked the photo of the "butter comet" - so clever : )

    Lovely post friend. Every time I read your blog I get hungrier and hungrier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love me some pancakes.
    Now, I've made a lot of berry syrups but never cranberries. And, I LOVE cranberries.
    What do you do about the seeds?
    Thanks for the eggless recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try that syrup - oh my it looks yummy! I might just skip the pancakes and eat it right off the spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! THis sounds superb! I've never done a cranberry syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So tasty - breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

    I'd love for you to join me at This Week's Cravings! www.frommytinykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have thought of putting cranberries on pancakes, but what a great idea! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can taste those sweet-tart cranberries now...what a great way to start Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to such gorgeous pancakes!!!! Wow, I am in love with such a concept of a pancake...fluffy pancakes with beautiful cranberry topping! HEAVEN! I will so be making these pancakes!!!

    Wishing you lovely Thanksgiving Weekend Liz!
    ~avril :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BJ - Your more than welcome! I didn't notice the seeds, you could probably strain them out if they bug you though.
    Country Gal - yah, I have to admit, the syrup that was left over didn't last long, it found it's way into my oatmeal, onto my spoon, on my ice cream, and then... gone!
    Sherry, Kristin, Danelle, and Scrambled - The cranberries really were the star of the show. They were such a great addition to the fluffy pancakes!
    Avril - thank you so much! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope you did too! Let me know how the pancakes turn out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pubg Lite Mod Apk is an easily downloadable game, and there are many websites that offer the game for free. The game is free to download and install on your android phone, but there are in-game purchases that exist. To download Pubg Lite Mod Apk, you'll need to go to the website that offers the game.
    https://apkmodule.com/pubg-lite-mod-apk/

    ReplyDelete