Friday, January 21, 2011

Butter Toffee Marshmallow PB Cookies and some thoughts on multitasking

Does anyone else feel like they have a million and one things to do?? I have been noticing lately that I am constantly trying to accomplish multiple things at once (multitasking). I used to be proud of the fact that I am such a great multitasker, now, however, I am beginning to wonder if it is really something I should be proud of or maybe something I should try and do less. Maybe, by splitting my attention and energy into so many things, I am not really doing anything as well as I could if I gave it my full and undivided attention. So, this week I have been forcing myself to focus on accomplishing one thing at a time, and doing that thing the best that I can. Obviously this is not possible all the time, but even the bit of time I have been able to devote wholly to ONE thing has made a HUGE difference. I find myself crossing more off my to do list and feeling more competent, productive, and happy with what I accomplish. Has anyone else tried this before? I would love to know what you guys do when you feel overwhelmed!
That being said, I have made time for baking this week (of course) and this is the latest recipe I tried out. I got the idea from Cakespy who got it from the Betty Crocker Cookie Book (one of my personal favorites!) I changed it up and added marshmallows and butter toffee peanuts. The cookies are crumbly and peanut buttery and the marshmallows melt while baking creating an ooey gooey filling. The best part, though, was the addition of butter toffee peanuts, they added a delightful sugary crunch to these already over the top cookies!

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter toffee peanuts
1 cup peanut butter
ABOUT 3/4 cup mini marshmallows

Grease or line two baking sheets with parchment; put to the side.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grate cold butter into sugar. This makes it easier to incorporate, just use a cheese grater! Works well for pie crusts too by the way. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Sift flour and blend with soda and salt; stir in with wet ingredients.
Mix in peanuts and peanut butter.
Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and release onto your prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between cookies.
Push a few marshmallows into the top of each cookie, shaping the dough around them so the dough almost covers the marshmallows.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges (if you make your cookies smaller, it may be more like 8-10 minutes).
I look forward to hearing all your great ideas on what you do when overwhelmed!
Have a lovely weekend!

www.ekatskitchen.com.jpg

UndertheTableandDreaming

Sister Sister Sunday


16 comments:

  1. These cookies look wonderful, Liz. When I'm overwhelmed I make sure I have lists for everything to get it all off my mind and onto paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love your additions to this cookie. You've really come up with something incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my golly these look amazing! When I'm overwhelmed I pray for strength and give it all to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're just evil, aren't you? Simply reading the title started me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those cookies sound lovely - and they look yummy too!

    I often find myself mulit-tasking - and I always accomplish less when I do. Like you, I'm much more productive when I focus on one thing at a time!

    By the way, I'm co-hosting a new foodie blog hop called Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home, and I would love it if you would come on over and join in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! These Butter Toffee Marshmallow PB Cookies look delicious! I sure wish I could have one right now. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWzer, pass the cookie plate. I too am an over the multi tasker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve tagged you in a post to receive an award. Hope you’ll agree to participate friend!

    Follow the link:
    http://www.mylittlecelebration.com/?p=3280

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look crazy good! I love the butter toffee peanuts in them. :) Thanks for the tip about grating butter- genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow these look amazing! Definitely saving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz these look incredible. I bet they are delicious! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I'll be featuring this today. Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to eat your blog. There, I said it. All of your treats look so delish! I am a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my heck! These look absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok you're freaking killing me, this is too yummy and I don't think I could stop! :)

    P.S. I bet your dog will love the treats our puppy LOVES them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, your yummy cookies were featured on Souper Saturday & Other Treats. Please stop by and grab a button.

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what you mean about multitasking! Two things I do are: 1) set a timer - if I know I have a limited amount of time I'm more focused and work faster. 2) When I'm cleaning or organizing something I have to stay in that area (or else I get distracted by a mess somewhere else) so I've put small bins that correspond to other areas in my home. That way, if I'm cleaning in the bedroom and find something that belongs in the kitchen, instead of going and putting it away and getting distracted by the dishes, I just put it in the bin and continue working on what I was. Phew, that was long.

    The cookies look great! How can you ever go wrong with marshmallows? I don't think you can.

    ReplyDelete